Some ISP provided routers such as Bell Canada FIBE, the BT Home Hub 4 and BT Home Hub 5 have the ability to Band Span. This means they are able to provide a single unified SSID or Network Name for both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequency band of your home network.
This setting will need to be disabled to ensure all Bluesound Players reliably appear in the Player Selection Drawer in the App every time.
Connect To The BT Home Hub Web Interface
- From any computer that's connected to the router open a web browser
- Enter http://192.168.1.254/ into the address bar and press enter to access the router's status page
- Select Settings or Advanced Settings in the menu bar depending on your model number
- You'll be prompted to enter a password. If you haven't changed the default password, you can find it written on the pull-out card at the back of the Home Hub 5
- Select Continue
- On the Wireless Tab, Select 5GHz Wireless
- On the 5GHz Wireless Tab, Select No under 'Sync with 2.4GHz'
- Under Wireless SSID edit the name of the network. Commonly we recommend adding a suffix such as '_5Ghz' or even '-5' to the existing name, so it's clear which network is which
- Select OK to apply the settings
- The router may restart
- Once the restart is completed, within 5 minutes, all Bluesound Players should appear in the Player Selection Drawer as they are now connected to the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi
- Please unplug in missing Players for 10 seconds then Plug them back in