The below steps will help you connect your Bluesound Player to your home network. Note: The PULSE SUB does not have a built in network adapter and pairs with the PULSE SOUNDBAR. For instructions on the PULSE SUB please see BLS-KB16-Z01.
Wired: A wired connection to the network is simple and requires no setup. If you wish to use the wired connection, or are using a VAULT, simply connect the Player directly to your router or home network using the included Ethernet cable. The VAULT is not equipped with a wireless card and can only be connected in a wired state.
Wireless: A wireless connection allows you to place your Bluesound Player virtually anywhere in your home but does require some setup. The process is very easy but slightly differs between iOS (Apple) and Android. Please follow the below instructions for the smartphone or tablet that applies to you. Windows and Mac users please see the instructions under Wireless Manual Setup below.
|WATCH THE VIDEO||WATCH THE VIDEO|
Wireless Manual Setup: If the above method does not work, or if you are on a Windows PC or Apple Mac the below method will also work.
- On your tablet or smart phone or computer, look for the WiFi network matching your Player's Hotspot*, and join it.
- Open a web browser and visit http://setup.bluesound.com. The Configure Player menu should then appear.
- Select Configure WiFi.
- Select your Home WiFi Network from the Configure Wireless drop down menu. If your Home WiFi Network does not appear or is hidden, select Manual SSID Entry. Enter the Wireless SSID and select the Protection type your network uses.
- Enter your home network’s Wireless Password in the field provided (if it is a protected network).
- Select a Room Name from the drop down list, or create a customized room name in the field provided.
- Press Update and wait for the unit’s light to turn solid blue, indicating that the player has successfully joined your home WiFi network.
- Reselect your home WiFi network from your tablet or smartphone’s main network settings. It may correct to it automatically.
- Open the BluOS App.
- Player's Hotspot: The Player's unique network ID and default name. The network ID is listed as the product name (i.e. NODE 2) immediately followed by the last four digits in the MAC (Machine Access Control) address (example: NODE 2-001A). The full 12-digit MAC address is printed on a sticker on the bottom or back panel of your player.
- If http://setup.bluesound.com/ does not work, you can also enter http://10.1.2.3/